Dr. Paula Higgins of the Project Management Association of Ireland explains why PMP project management certification is important for gaining international recognition, salary increase and better job opportunities.
The Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification, based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) framework, is the gold standard of Project Management certificates for several reasons.
For organizations :
• Flexibility: The PMBOK® framework is flexible enough to be applied to any project of any size in any industry for any organization. Whether the organization is already committed to other Project Management methodologies or not
• Industry Independent: The PMBOK®, from its inception, was designed with input from several industries and therefore has been applied across all industries from the beginning. Most other Project Management methodologies are rooted in IT or software development
• Less Organizational Commitment: The PMBOK® framework needs far less organizational commitment than methodologies like PRINCE2, but can be applied to a far greater range of projects than ITIL 3
• Project Management Knowledge and Experience: The PMP® Certification notifies employers that you have a command of Project Management knowledge and practical Project Management experience
• Global Demand: The PMP® Certification is respected and desired worldwide across all industries. As a PMP®, you will be able to compete globally for Project Management positions in world-class organizations